Students under take the study of CCEA GCSE Music:
Students undertake the core area of study (Repeated Patterns in Music) and two optional areas from a choice of three (Musical Traditions in Ireland, Incidental Music or Vocal Music). Assessment covers composing, performing, listening and appraising.
- Composing and Appraising 3-6 mins, two compositions each with a composition log, at least one composition must be related to one area of study, internally assessed and externally moderated, 30% weighting, available Summer only.
- Performing and Appraising up to 10 mins, at least one solo and one ensemble performance, to include one piece related to one of their areas of study, externally assessed, 35% weighting, available Summer only
- Listening and Appraising One test of aural perception, Part 1 based on the core area and Part 2 based on the two chosen areas, total listening time approx 90 mins, 35% weighting, available Summer only
- Component 1: Composing & appraising (controlled assessment) Summer only
- Component 2: Performing & appraising (controlled assessment) Summer only
- Component 3: Listening & appraising (controlled assessment) Summer only