S3/S4 Modular Exam Procedures
As you are aware many students in S3 and S4 will be sitting modular AS and A2 examinations in January. I would like to draw the following to your attention in relation to arrangements that are in place during this time.
• Study facilities are available in the College all day and day boarding is available in the evening from 3.45pm — 6.OOpm.
• Your son has a copy of his exam timetable which indicates when and where his exams take place.
• Teachers will be following the normal class timetable during the examination period.
• Each student is allowed to study in school or at home the day before each exam.
• If a student has an exam in the morning he is expected to return to class at the end of the exam.
• Once a student’s last exam takes place he is expected to attend school as normal.
• If a student wishes to withdraw from an exam he must inform Mr Goss and then attend class as normal.
• Please note your son must be at the exam room at least 15 minutes before the start of each examination.
• The Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) advise that, “Possession of a mobile phone or other unauthorised material is breaking the rules even if you do not intend to use it, and candidates will be subject to penalty and possible disqualification.”
• All other rules and regulations relating to the conduct of examinations as notified in the Warning to Candidates document and at www.jcci.org.uk shall be followed.
Thank you for your continued co-operation and support. Yours faithfully
Mr Cormac McKinney